Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's a New Year (And I'm Feeling Good)

Happy New Year's to all my friends who've been following along on my writer's journey, here at the Hall of Fame! You may have noticed I took off the last week of 2011. Not because I was sitting around, overstuffed and wore out (though I kinda was). And not because I was being lazy (though I kinda am). Nope, I was busy, thinking up goals and such for 2012.

Thinking up goals is not as easy as it looks. It requires LOTS of snacking and staring intently into space and glaring at the Beneficent Mr. Hall who kept asking why I was staring at him. But after puzzling out what I hoped to accomplish in 2012, I knew I had to make some changes, starting with my blogs.

You see, when I started this blog, I was just getting my writerly feet wet. It was the beginning of my journey, and honestly, I wasn't at all sure about what kind of writer I'd grow up to be. And so I tried just about every kind of writing that appealed to me. I wrote stories and articles, essays and poems, web content and humor columns. And then I had an idea for a chapter book about a little boy who loved hip hop dancing and won a role in a holiday production.

So I started another blog that focused on my children's writing. You know it as Finders & Keepers. You may have also noticed that last year, I cross-posted more often between my two blogs. Then one day (this summer, I think), I had this Eureka! moment. I'd grown up to be a funny children's writer! Um, perhaps I should have said "humor writer for children."

Anyway, to make a long story short (and honestly, that ship has sorta sailed), I don't really need two blogs anymore. I just need one blog to share what's happening in the writing world of Cathy C. Hall. But that doesn't mean that my one blog will be me, blah-blah-blahing about the kidlit world all the time. I'll keep sharing my writing What Not To Do's, and fun essay markets, and general writing resources, and tooting my horn.

I just won't be doing it here. I'll be doing it over there, at Finders & Keepers. (Only because I could figure out how to import all my posts from Blogger to Wordpress.) So, I shall miss my little Blogger widgets and my followers' tiny little faces. But throughout January, I'll be working over there at my one big, crazy writing blog, trying to get everything just the way I like it. I have a feeling I'll start with a new blog name. And I really hope all y'all click on that follow button and join me!

It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new blog...and I'm feeling good.